Tuesday 5 May 2020

Monday 4th May 2020

Star Wars Day (©thehouseofmouse 2020).

And back to work. And a day I should have been waking up in The Granite City, aka, Aberdeen. But the virus and travel restrictions meant I was still at home, though the audit was to go ahead, but with all attendees using MS Teams. Nine hours, it was going to be a very l o n g day.

See what I did there?

All of which means I had to be up, drunk coffee, phys, make breakfast, drink second coffee and have the office all set up for half seven, and possibly be there at five in the afternoon.

Oh dearie, dearie me.

Jools makes coffee, I check the news, then as she left the house for her walk, I go upstairs and do 20 minutes.

Cool down.

Get dressed.

Top up the bird feeders.

Make breakfast.

Second coffee.

And am sitting down at twenty past seven, all ready for the virtual water cooler meeting.

And then to the audit.

We all log in, I am observing, so not much pressure. But I have prepped the site and auditee, so I hope for the best.

And, well, not as bad as feared, and there were breaks through the day. Time to get some fresh air, stretch my legs, check on the garden plants, make a brew or lunch. And back to the meeting.

One hundred and twenty five It finishes at four. And my brain is mush, but I'm sure Andrew is feeling worse, but the lad done good.

I make chicken and shrimp stir fry, with my own recipe for stir fry sauce: a splash of this, two splashes of that, a smidge of the other, some cornflour and whizzz.

It works really well, and turns out there is enough for Jools' lunch on Tuesday.

The evening was spent the usual way; computing, radio and coffee drinking.

Another day in the morning, but a four day week.

I pack away after thanking Andrew, go upstairs to do a session on the cross trainer, feeling shagged out after another twenty minutes, with the cats looking on waiting for their tea.

No comments: