Wednesday 6 May 2020

Tuesday 5th May 2020

Back to work, non-audit stylee.

After the stress and just sitting around listening to other people talking, it was back to normal with just sitting around!

No, I earn my money, I am sure of it. My bank manager told me to stress that, and what an important cog on the machine I am.

Oh yes.

I wake to hear Jools' faint footsteps from down in the kitchen. Once I am awake I know my dainty own footsteps will be a signal for her to put the coffee pot on.

Wisteria season Which is what happened.

Once up, I go down to drink the coffee, and knowing that with each minute, phys gets closer.

And once Jools goes out, I go up to start, least I change my own mind.

Government approved daily exercise, another walk to Fleet House It was a hard session, time drags, which it does sometimes. But I do the whole session, and once done I see that I have about 20 minutes to do before the odo clicks over to 1800, I would reach that milestone on the afternoon session, if there was one.

Government approved daily exercise, another walk to Fleet House I some calculations, and find out that between us, Jools and I have spent 37 and a half hours on the cross trainer since the end of January.

That's a working week! For most people. Ahem.

Jools returns, packs her stuff for the day, and I make breakfast, coffee and put the office back together. Just like every other day. But in a change(!) after clearing out some of the stock from the fridge, I find two punnets of strawberries, which is what I have for breakfast. Not both, but a good bowlful. With yogurt. And was very yummy indeed.

Government approved daily exercise, another walk to Fleet House I just finish before the morning meeting. I dial in. We're all still well, which is nice.

We chat for half an hour, then we go to our various daily tasks, and I am alone once again.

Government approved daily exercise, another walk to Fleet House So, the day progresses. I update the program and the audit database too. Log some working hours, for a laugh, and make a fresh brew.

The day is flying by.

I find myself having lunch at ten, wash up and with it looking fine outside, I go out and am hit by an arctic blast from the north.

Jeez, that's cold.

I go back in and put a jumper on, and felt better.

In the afternoon, I do go out for a walk. I made the mistake of taking the jumper off, as I assumed that it would be warm once I got walking. But what I failed to realise was that the walk over the fields to Fleet House was into the teeth of the northerly wind.

I quickly decided that I would reach Fleet House and turn back down Collingwood to home, not much seen in the way of flowers, and the femail Orange Tip was being swung from back and forth on a flower stem by the wind.

Orange Tip Anthocharis cardamines I do get a snap of her wing, though.

The walk back was fine, a tail wind which felt like there was none.

I see a few people walking, including a man with two friendly dogs, neither of which I felt happy about stroking, as it is unclear if we can pass it to our four-legged friends.

Government approved daily exercise, another walk to Fleet House The doggie is sad and follows me not understanding why I would not pat his doggy head.

Back home, I have a brew, look at he plank page that is today's task, to describe in management speak about the dark art of change management. I might be here some days.

At four, I pack away and do a second session on the cross trainer. And this was harder than the first!

I was really hard to do the last 5 minutes, I count each second down until I could stop and collapse onto the spare bed.

Mulder jumps up and asks, in the most polite way: "meow?!

Meow indeed.

I go for a shower, and then get dressed, and time to get dinner ready: salmon fillets marinated in sweet chilli, creamed spinach, stir fry veggies and curried rice.

All yummy and very nice. Which I was sown with some red wine. Of course.

And then, as usual, it is the evening. With coffee, music and internets.

And an early night at nine, with it not being quite dark.

No comments: