Thursday 21 May 2020

Wednesday 20th May 2020

Last working day of the week!

As, Thursday is a holiday in Denmark, and Friday is, well, Friday. And it seems i have had one day off since New Year, though compared to some, my lot isn't tough, but having a five day weekend seems a very attractive idea. I floated the idea past my boss, and she said, OK. So, here goes.

As with Tuesday, the day was to be mostly spent attending an audit by MS Teams, which isn't the worse thing in the world, it does sap energy.

And there is the usual virtual coffee morning to start, so if I was lucky (!), meetings from half seven to five.

I should have done some phys, but my legs ached from the day before, so instead I listen to David and Mark interview Mari Wilson, who we saw in concert just before the world changed, have breakfast, more coffee and get ready for work.

And then; meetings.

We are all well, and in good spirits, as Danish pubs opened on Monday, and my boss had her evening planned in her local. It seems we were months away from that.

Flag Day And then, the audit.

I should be in Barrow-n-Furness, assisting with the audit. And if I had, I had planned to spend that evening in the Lake District, before heading to Gait Barrow in the morning to look for the Lady Slipper Orchids.

But it was not to be.

Instead I settle down, join the meeting and the inquest begins. Again.

A late spring walk The day passes slowly, but well.

A late spring walk At two the auditor says he needs and hour to compile his notes, so I hang around like a stale fart, waiting for the closing meeting.

A late spring walk The closing meeting was mostly positive, but there is a finding, so more work for yours truly.

A late spring walk Once that was over, I could either do some phys, or go for a walk. It had been a while, so I go for a walk.

A late spring walk After spending two days, eight hours a day, plugged into MS Teams attending back to back audits in Birkenhead and Barrow, when I should have been there in person, the only was to decompress is to go for a walk.

A late spring walk Not far, just over to Fleet House, past the Pig's Copse then down past the farm and back along the footpath.

A late spring walk Nothing really interesting seen, just the pigs laying side by side, out of the hottest part of the day, gently snoring.

A late spring walk Spring is almost over, summer is here, colours change, growth is different and colours are brighter under dark blue skies.

A late spring walk I struggle back up the final slope to Collingwood, then from there it is downhill to home where a glass of iced squash would be made.

A late spring walk Back home and then thoughts turn to dinner. But first, set the out of office message and switch the computer off.

One hundred and forty one Lovely.

Dinner is pan fried asparagus, left over aubergine and some garlic bread. Done in 15 minutes, and soon after Jools returns, we are sitting down to eat, toasting our luck. Flag Day And that is that. Flag Day An evening of writing, music and coffee, before retiring to the stop for a glass or two of sloe port whilst we waited for the bats to appear and perform aerobatics for our delight.

No comments: