Wednesday 27 May 2020

Tuesday 26th May 2020

Back to work.

Five days off and we want more.

Always more.

I am awake, hear the alarm go off, then fall back to sleep. I wake up at half five or later to find the coffee Jools had made was going cold.

It would have been easy to dodge the daily phys. But I had done that four out of fve days over the weekend, so back to work, back on the phys.

I do 20 minutes.

And all is, if not well, but better. We have let things slip over the last couple of weeks, and I have put weight on.

Oh dear. So, stopping phys is not an option.

I do 20 minutes, cool down, make JOols a cuppa and get ready fr work. I have a long day ahead, including my annual appraisal.

Oh dearie, dearie me.

We have the early morning meeting, giving me time after to check my inbox for urgent mails, then it is time for the appraisal. I could not find anyone willing to say anything negative I head my boss say. Clearly, they had not tried hard enough, I could think of two or three who would have a different view. But I will take that.

I have a glowing assessment for the past year, and clear targets for the forthcoming year.

And we are done.

Wow.

I am made for this job, and I have the skills to improve things. But to hear it said bac to me is quite breathtaking.

Yay, me!

I have an early lunch, then another meeting in which I help someone. They are happy too.

I am good at this.

Apparently.

I have another brew to back up the one I had for lunch.

Come half two I have to eave and go to the doctors to collect my and Jools meds for the next month.

A walk to the doctor's Nothing to be worried about, just to pick up my monthly meds.

A walk to the doctor's So, why not go for a longer walk via the Dip and Cliffs, back via the surgery and be home in time for tea and medals?

One hundred and forty seven Why not, and glad I was to take my camera as I fund and snapped a Clouded Yellow not half a mile from Chez Jelltex, and how impressed I am my ability to identify a butterfly species whilst at rest or in flight, and in the case of the Clouded Yellow, spotted the difference of the large butterfly on the wing showing a bright orangy-brown upper wing, of which I had not seen before.

A walk to the doctor's Further on, I found a small meadow with a few sheep who were curious at me walking by. But I observed social distancing rules and let them be to their lush green afternoon snack.

A walk to the doctor's By then I was looking down at The Dip, so I took shots for it's fans worldwide.

A walk to the doctor's Up the other side, one step at a time, because I am not a horse, then along the cycle path to the top of Otty Bottom Road before striking out over the top of the downs.

A walk to the doctor's As you do.

Across the tops of the down to the cliffs and young ladies sitting on chairs flattening wildflowers, discussing the best side to take a selfie. I could feel my braincells dying as I listened.

A walk to the doctor's I looked down the coast line to Kingsdown, then walked inland, towards the quacks and then home.

A walk to the doctor's Worth it, though.

I walk back through the village, to the surgery. I knock on the door and when the assistant comes, explain what I wanted. 5 minutes later, I have the meds and begin the final leg of the walk, back down to the old Red Lion and down Station Road to home.

A walk to the doctor's I had no time for phys, just enough time to have a pint of squash, and get down to skinning and slicing the aubergine, egg and breadcrumbing it. And in a twist, when I run out of breadcrumbs, switch to panko, as a good friend tipped me off to that.

A walk to the doctor's And how great and light were those fritters?

Lovely.

We have dinner, wash up, then have a coffee. NO ice cream though.

A walk to the doctor's I am behind my editing and writing, but I had promised Jools a game of Uckers. Which I win.

Yay.

And by nine, time for bed, and some well earned zeds.

1 comment:

nztony said...

You know I'm the number one worldwide fan of the famous Dip.