Thursday 28 May 2020

Wednesday 27th May 2020

Mum's 76th birthday. Or would have been.

Pay Day.

In fact, that's not correct, as it was double pay day. As in my contract I was entitled to an extra month's pay after ten year's service, and although due to an administrative cock up, it was paid a month late. But paid.

The tax man took his share.

But. Double pay.

Wow.

The sun now rises so far in the east that we don't see any light from it direct until it has been up for half an hour, so I lay in bed wondering if its cloudy or just early.

I came down the stairs and Jools was checking mails and our bank account and she said, do you know how much is in our ban account?

I didn't, but was at least expecting it.

Yay.

And through the day all I bought was 16 more bottles of tripel. But I did have a shock as their website was almost sold out. But my favourite was still in stock.

Yay, beer. Or bier.

But Wednesday, the new Tuesday.

I drink my coffee, go and do a session on the cross trainer. Get ready for work, make breakfast and another coffee.

All set for work.

I am in a good mood all day. Outside it was sunny, but a cool wind did blow. I looked and thought it not butterfly stalking weather. So don't go for a walk. I should have, obviously.

One hundred and forty eight Lunch is warmed through aubergine and some toast, which hits the spot.

I am still in a good mood.

The day fades out into atrophy, I do a session on the cross trainer. In the warm weather, it is hard.

Then a shower and clean clothes, and time to mix up a batch of courgette fritters, adding extra chilli flakes to add "zip".

Which works.

They have zip.

I have just about cooked them all when Jools comes back from work, she pours the wine, and we sit down to eat.

Lovely.

We munch our way through the pile o fritters, mostly vegetables and all good things. Apart from the two packs of lardons I added, which add "bacon".

And that was your day, we were all done by nine, so go to bed.

Phew.

No comments: