Friday 15 May 2020

Thursday 14th May 2020

Another day, another dollar.

The days and weeks now blur into one and another. March dragged, but April and May have flown by.

I should have gone to Aberdeen this week, and I had a couple of diversions planned for the trip back. But like everything else, that was cnacelled. And next week I should have been going to Birkenhead and then on to Barrow. I had plans to visit the Lakes, but again, that is cancelled.

Instead I work from home, attend meetings, make video calls, write procedures, drink coffee and stare out of the window at the sunny but bitterly cold weather.

But we are promised it is warming up.

I hope so.

Early morning all is busy in keeping to a schedule, to drink coffee, do a session on the X trainer, cool down, make breakfast, coffee and put out the bins. And be all done for half seven to attend the meeting. I manage it all, and am first in the meeting once again, despite it being an hour early for me here.

One hundred and thirty five I must love my job.

And again, we are all well, and my colleagues are excited as their country is emerging from lockdown in a more controlled way, and with actual data to back that up.

Which is nice.

But we live in Boris' Britain, so we're fucked.

But life goes on, we hope.

I work, listen to Clare Grogan talk with David and Mark from her bedroom. Grrrr, down Tiger.

yellow I listen to the wireless, watch some TV with my laptop on top of my lap.

Scully, seeing this, tries to lay in my lap, and laptop, yet usually she steers well clear of me.

I have no idea what goes on in their drug-crazed minds.

I make a brew. The make another potato bread roll, defrost some mushroom soup, and have lunch.

Exciting stuff!

The afternoon passes by, I do another session on the cross trainer, listening to Dave Lister spinning the discs. Not as good as the i pod, but good enough for 20 minutes.

Dinner was burgers.

And beer.

And hot sauce.

And was good.

We listen to the radio, mess around online, and head to bed just after nine.

As usual.

No comments: