Friday 1 May 2020

Thursday 30th April 2020

After a good night's sleep, I felt much better. Although I could have quite easily found an excuse not to do phys, but I know I will do at least one session. Maybe two.

It is the last day of April, the month has slipped by so quick its hard to realise to be honest. Whereas March seemed to last three months. I have no idea why and I know I wasn't the only one.

It was a bright morning, but ahead I had a day of meetings, but first: drink coffee, put bins out, put plants out, top up bird feeders and then go up to do 20 minutes on the cross trainer. All to be done by seven so there was time to get dressed, set up the office, make coffee and breakfast.

Lesser Trefoil - Trifolium dubium Phew.

Work came as a break from chores to be honest.

We have the early meeting, and we are all still all well, though a little stir crazy. I tell people that I have 16 bottles of Tripel on order, so I'm not going to run out.

One hundred and twenty one And then to review and update the document I have been working on for a few weeks, where I am now at the stage in overthink each and every word. It is a slow process, especially in that I am writing in my language for people for whom English is at best their second. So it goes, so it goes.

Daisies That takes me to lunch.

Aquilegia I call Jen: she is feeling better. Although I have to bite my tongue not to say to her that this virus can return after a week. But don't, as she is back to her normal bubbly self. That is good enough. She confirms that she should get the result on Friday, so until then we must isolate and hope for the best.

Aquilegia After lunch of cheese toasties, I turn the left over lamb into shepherd's pies. Pies. The leg of lamb weighed eight pounds 12 ounces. It did is two huge roast dinners each and after trimming the fat of the meat, I put it in the blender and I get enough mince to make two large pies. Not bad even at thirty quid.

I boil two lots of potatoes, add butter and cheese, mash then spread on the mince and gravy. I do both pies, then look around the kitchen amazed that I had apparently used just about every pan, spoon, knife and bowl. It took the mother of clear us to find the work surfaces, wash up and put it all away.

But done.

Meanwhile in work all was quiet.

So, I make a brew, listen to a podcast whilst updating a database. And that took me to four, where I go up to work out to the sounds of Craig Charles on Radio 6, then cool down, have a shower and put some clean clothes on.

Paws for thought That was much, much better.

Oh my word, time to put one of the pies in the oven, open the last tin of "grillin beans" from the US, and pop the kettle on for an accompanying brew.

And the pie was a triumph, potato crispy on top, soft and creamy underneath, and the meat moist. Beans were great too.

There is the radio to listen to as, outside, the rain falls gently.

No comments: