Thursday 14 May 2020

Wednesday 13th May 2020

Wednesday.

Day of rest.

And my days are now filled with podcasts and video interviews, mainly thanks to A Word on Your Ear/A Word in Your Attic, where David Hepworth and Mark Ellen talk to each other, friends, writers or musicians about life, the lockdown and partake in a show and tell. It makes the days fly by. I watch/listen to them over breakfast or lunch, when I could be doing something more productive. But where's the fun in that when you can listen/watch to two old music journalists talk about, well, music.

lupin Nothing at all.

And being a Wednesday, it is a slow start. Just as well as it is bloody cold outside. Clear and blue, but with th wind still set in the north east, its as we used to say in Norfolk, a lazy wind. It goes through you rather than round. Bloody cold.

I try to deal with the day with the heating off. But soon give in, I attended the morning meeting wearing my fleece. Tied up to the neck. And was still cold. So I put the heating on.

Scorpio Rising Not much to report about the day to be honest. Just work, work, coffee, tea, lunch, work.

And podcasts.

Time weighs heavy, and so the clock ticks round slowly. But it gives me time to cook.

I have a tin of lentil soup, but make a small loaf of potato bread to dunk in it.

Dinner was another triumph: the butcher gave us a couple of frozen duck legs, so I made a grape and blueberry coulis to go with them. Roast potatoes, Yorkshire puddings and peas and corn.

One hundred and thirty four And wine.

Lovely.

Just like a roast, but in the midweek. And the skin on the legs was so crispy and tasty.

For the evening we have a video call with Mary, where we talked about the lockdown and our cancelled holiday. As I said in my previous post, she is a huge Boris fan, and connot see how he has done wrong, and so like that she and millions of others will forget 60,00 deaths. And counting.

Sigh.

And by then it was half eight. Time to listen to the PU, then head to bed as we were tired little things once again.

No comments: