Friday 29 May 2020

Thursday 28th May 2020

Work.

But, you know it pays for everything else.

So, we have to do it, until we can afford not to, too ill to or dead.

I plan to enjoy at least some of my life in retirement.

But for now, there is work.

With the bank holiday and 5 day weekend, my phys program was out of whack, I should have done some phys, but decide to have a rest day, which means, in theory, I have an hour to procrastinate in the morning and still be prepared for starting work at half seven. But, as always, I listen to something on the radio, or a podcast, and I scramble to set the computer up and be ready for the meeting.

Yet another Government approved walk to Windy Ridge We are all still well. And in Denmark they have a three day weekend to look after.

I don't.

So, we have the meeting and I spend the morning updating the audit database, creating cases and so cross-referencing them with activities.

Yet another Government approved walk to Windy Ridge I am a busy boy.

I have lunch; cheese toasties, as they are da bomb. A brew.

Yet another Government approved walk to Windy Ridge And I ponder how to fill the afternoon.

I make calls and arrange meetings for next week, and that takes another couple of hours.

Yet another Government approved walk to Windy Ridge And at three, I go for a walk. I decide Windy Ridge should be the destination. You know the way by now, over the fields to Fleet House and the pigs. I take no shots, instead wait until I look out from in front of the copse over the Kingsdown and the sea.

Yet another Government approved walk to Windy Ridge From there, down past the farm and the long drag up the the wood.

I see nothing new or of interest, really, just glorious to be out, the wind in my hair and the sky full of larks singing.

Yet another Government approved walk to Windy Ridge I reach the top of the climb and take the lane beside it. I realise I have never been down this lane, or this part of it. It is green and overgrown, like the half I had already walked down.

Yet another Government approved walk to Windy Ridge But I take shots anyway.

I walk on, to the lane leading down the down, down to Collingwood.

One hundred and forty nine I did spot a couple of Speckled Wood butterflies, and i got a fairly decent shot of the woodland butterfly basking on a leaf in sunlight.

Yet another Government approved walk to Windy Ridge And down to home, where there is a glass of iced squash to be made and drunk.

Phew.

No chance of the session on the cross trainer my mind had toyed with. Instead I go for a shower and feel human again.

Yet another Government approved walk to Windy Ridge Dinner is aubergine again, coast with panko, and is wonderful, and I have it all cooked as Jools walks in the door, so all she has to do is pour the wine.

She is finished for the weekend, and I have just six hours or so on Friday.

As usual, the evening is quiet; radio and writing. Too chilly to sit outside, so we nurse the last brews of the days as the evening slips by.

No comments: