Wednesday 20 May 2020

Tuesday 19th May 2020

I should be in Berkenhead. Or on the Wirral, or Liverpool.

But I'm not.

Instead I am to sit at the dining room table for nine hours as I witness an audit at one of our service sites. And then again on Wednesday too.

I should not complain, people are in a worse position that this. But still.

So, I look at the calendar in the kitchen that has my original travel plans written on it, and Thursday I was due to go to Gair Barrow Reserve to see the Lady's Slipper Orchids. It had all seemed to perfect.

Too perfect.

Anyway, best get on with it.

After coffee, I do a session on the cross trainer, then get breakfast ready, make a second coffee. Jools leaves and it is me and the computers.

Sigh.

I am online at half seven for the early meeting. We're all well still, and most looking forward to a long weekend, me included.

Eeeek.

But at five to eight is was time to leave this meeting to join the one for the audit.

One hundred and forty So, from eight to four, seven of us are audited. Questions after questions.

There were breaks, including half an hour for lunch, but no time to do much other than prepare lunch and be at the table ready to go.

Marigold My brain is fried by the end. I go to the sofa to watch some crap TV, then up to the spare room to do more phys.

Then have a shower. Get dressed and feel human again.

By this time it was five, and time to think about dinner. Only JOols had an evening yoga session. So, once she came back home, we have a coffee, then she gets ready for her session.

The Darling Bud of May As she yogas, I water the garden, check for lilly beetles, and prepare dinner; breaded aubergine. I have lots of time, and once the veg is slices, salted, floured, egged and breadcrumbed, I take a glass of tripel to the patio to sit in the deep shade to cool down.

And at twenty past seven, I begin to fry. My head was spinning thanks to the Belgian crazy juice.

By quarter to eight, it was all done, so to the sounds of Mr Riley on the wireless, we eat and I drink red wine.

Yummy.

And that is it.

Ten hours until the start of the next meeting, and another nine hours of meetings.

But then the 5 day weekend.

No comments: