Saturday 17 October 2020

Friday 16th October 2020

Over halfway through the tenth month of a year that at the same time seems to have dragged and flown by.

I can't explain it, just reporting the facts, ma'am.

Jools got up at five, as she had to leave the house by six to head to the early yoga class. So I got to lay in bed and laze arounf for nearly an hour.

I got up and the coffee was waiting, then Jools went out, leaving to me to check on the world. Good news was that it was still there, but gone to hell in a handcart, as usual.

I felt there would be a lot of work coming my way, so I log in at half seven, and find a couple of mails, but the person I wanted to speak to was offline. There's wan't even a meeting to prepare for, not the casualvirtual coffee machine meeting one, but at eight we had the monthly auditors talking about audits meeting, where the rest of us watched the other fill in a spreadsheet.

I can't explain it, just telling the way it is.

Jools comes home at eight, we have breakfast and more coffee, then she goes out shopping for bird seed and then into Canterbury for "stuff".

I work on.

Two more meetings, which takes me to have eleven, then a phone call to arrange another meeting for next week.

The afternoon drags until half three when I see all my colleagues have logged off, so I thought I should too.

I was going to cook chorizo hash, but I see we had no inions. So I call Jools who was at Jen's, pick up some onions. Or better still, go to the chippy, which she did. So we had a plateful of chips and a battered sausage.

Two hundred and ninety Man, that seems to have been a long week that rushed by.

The radio played on, cats played at our feet, darkness fell.

That's about it for Friday, not much happened, and it took all day to happen. So it goes, so it goes.

No comments: