Monday 19 October 2020

Sunday 18th October 2020

Its funny, but on Saturday, we drove to Lowestoft and back, tended the family's graves, met with friends, had lunch out, photographed a church, and still was back by six in the evening. Sunday, however, I acheived next to nothing and it took all day to do.

Very odd.

We laid in bed until seven, got up as it was nearly light, fed the cats and made coffee.

I watched MOTD, first time I had taped it since the lockdown was brought in in March. THere was the Merseyside Derby to watch, all exciting stuff.

We had breakfast, corossants and more coffee, then did a couple of chores outside fixing the drainpipes. And with football in the afternoon, I said I would cook Sunday roast for lunch rather than dinner, so got busy in the kitchen

Two hundred and ninety two Soon the house was filled with the fine smells of roast, roasting. I prepare the vegetables, mix the batter for the Yorkshire pudding, and then made sure it all came together at one.

As soon as dinner was eaten, which was splendid, of course, I had to prepare.

Prepare for a Zoom lecture on Kent orchids. A repeat of the one given last November, but to an online audience of orchidists who get their kicks growing exotic orchids, and I had been asked to repeat my presentation.

At half two I logged in, intordiced myself and talked pretty much non-stop for two hours. I think it went well, I took questions and shared knowledge.

It finished just in time for me to watch the second game of the day, Spurs v West Ham, which was much more interesting than it should have been after Spurs took a 3-0 lead after 16 minutes, only to throw the game away and draw 3-3.

Wow. Spurs doing a Spurs.

I cook bacon butties for dinner, or supper as it was. Jools carried on watching The Expanse, and I did #wildflowerhour.

Another day in which little happened, but it took all day.

No comments: