Friday 23 October 2020

Thursday 22nd October 2020

Thursday. And after the getting up when its still dark, drinking a cup of fresh coffee, with less sugar as I am trying to cut down on the white stuff, it is up to the cross trainer and an increase of two minutes to thirteen. Still not what it was back in July, as that was on a different machine and easier to use.

A “decent” cross trainer now runs to several thousand pounds, according to the John Lewis website. I said I think we should see if we could suffer this one.

Once I have done my turn, Jools takes over. I have a shower, make breakfast and we are all ready again at half seven so I could attend the morning meeting.

At least outside the sun was shining, so Jools goes into the garden to work away, while I have an audit report to write and massage several people’s egos.

And there are meetings. In fact in the first six hours of the day, I have five hours of meetings, and the last one, a two hour monster on calibration nearly causes my brain to melt. And there was the latest in a long series of meetings and shouting matches regarding document management. And you thought wind power was clean and sexy?

New Bed By two, Jools had done the gardening. The last of the manure spread deep and crisp and even, new plants planted and really it is looking rather good, nice and green after the recent rain.

I make coffee.

The afternoon drags as I have more calls in which I have to bite my tongue. I mean, business would be so much simpler without customers and people asking difficult questions.

Jools goes upstairs to bead, and I prepare chorizo hash for dinner. Always a favourite.

Boiled cubed potatoes, peel and chop a couple of onions, slice a sweet pepper, skin and chop a chorizo. Fry vegetables, then chorizo, then potatoes. Mix into a mess and fill plate.

Yummy.

Once dark I go to put the badger food out, and above the waxing quarter moon shone down on the garden, casting feint shadows, while to the left, Mars shines deep red, looking angry. But small.

Two hundred and ninety six I take a picture.

There is football. European football. But I care less about the Europa League than I do the Champions League, so go to bed at nine after watching yet more train videos.

Winter is going to be very very long at this rate.

No comments: