Thursday 22 October 2020

Wednesday 21st October 2020

A day of rest.

Or a break from the cross trainer.

We both ache. Or our thighs do.

Outside the rain fell, and the wind blew, and the wind got stronger.

It was a day for staying inside, even if I didn't have to work.

We had coffee at six, then procrastinated for two hours before having breakfast and work started.

Just before nine, Jools received a call from her brother: he had a hospital appointment, and so Jools was going to take him to Canterbury and wait until he was finished.

Two hundred and ninety five Just like that, she was gone, with the possibility she would not be back until after lunch.

I had an audit to conduct, via Teams, and so got down to being the grand inquisitor, throwing questions about and generally not being too friendly.

Its my job.

The morning passed and I thought little of Jools and Mike.

I get a phone call at lunch saying she wouldn't be home before half one, so I was to have lunch. So, I toast the remainder of the loaf I made and smothered one slice with marmalade and the other with apricot jam, bot preserves bought from a Chart Sutton church last month, so both home made.

I get back to work, writing my audit report, time passes.

I look at the clock and it was gone three, and no news from Jools.

I feed the cats, they run from me a gain. Or the kittens do. I try to reason with them, but the look at me with mild interest.

It gets to five and Jools calls; she was on her way home, she had been shopping and been to see Jen. And forgot about the time.

So, I stopped worrying.

Dinner was nachos and home made salsa, which was great, as was the tripel beer I had with it.

Outside it was getting dark, rain had stopped and the end of the day was bright and clear.

I finally found the video I was looking for, an electric passenger train running down the centre of Main Street in South Bend, Indianna, and there was a cab's eye view. Go to 32:27 of the video below:

I watched that as I followed the European football until nine, when I realised I didn't care who won or lost, so turned it off.

No comments: