Wednesday 7 October 2020

Tuesday 6th October 2020

Hello again.

Here were are, Tuesday. Market day in Kings Lynn.

Of course.

I wake up with Cleo stretched out beside me, snoring gently. Her postion is what my Dad would have called the "skinned rabbit". She could not be happier.

Unless I were to get up and feed her and the other three.

So, at then past five, I do wake up, and I decide I wasn't going back to sleep, so get up and feed them, one at a time as all cats are demanding to be first.

I can then make coffee and look online for the results of the transfer deadline day deals that had been completed after I had gone to bed. Not much of any importance.

So, the world still turns.

Jools comes back at half six, or just after. I make her a tea, but she shoots off to bed as she was so tired. I just have time for a shower so she can sleep wthout listening to the water heater going.

Two hundred and eighty With audits comes the admin, and I spent the day transferring the findings from last week's audits into our system.

Copy and paste.

Copy and paste

So the morning goes.

After entertaining the kittens by throwing balls of silver paper for half an hour, they go to bed, so I have peace and quiet for several hours.

Catnip Not much really to report, other than it was a sunny day, so I go out to see if there was any butterflies on the wing, or better, basking. But there was none.

Next year's artichoke But fresh growith on the artichokes could be seen growing from the dead stumps of this year's plants.

Jools gets up at two, not that rested but she said she'd had enough to be able to cope through the night.

I end up making dinner early, as she was hungry and I had caught up with work.

I defrost some ragu and boil some pasta as well as making a batch of garlic bread. It goes down well with a glass or three of red wine.

And like that, she is gone again, leaving just as it begins to get dark, and I have the evening to call my own.

But there isn't that much to do, other than the usual of listening to the radio and messing around online while the world goes to hell in a handcart.

sigh.

No comments: