Saturday 3 October 2020

Friday 2nd October 2020

Welcome to Friday.

A year ago, I had my parent's house cleared. I left it a home and returned to find a shell. A building. A lot of healing was done that day. And the realisation I had done about 80% of the tasks done. It might sound hard to think of closing my parent's estate like that, but if you think of the details, it never ends. Which is why it was good that someone else cleared the houe, I would have lingered over many of the items I found. Instead it went in the landfill, recycle or bag for the charity shop.

So much easier.

And as over the years I had got most of what I wanted out, either as Mum sat in her chair or was away on one of her many visits to hospital.

We are currently waiting for the final settlelement of the estate, one final cheque, and that is that. We will go up some point this month, if COVID allows, to see the new stone and place some flowers.

But, in 2020, life goes on. And later in the day things would get a lot more complicated with Trump and his infection.

Two hundred and seventy six But It was Friday, the last morning where i had to feed the cats and make my own coffee. Jools was due back at quarter to seven. Outside the rain hammered down. Not hard enough to flood the factory, apparently, but Jools was quite damp when she arrived five minutes early at the back door. Which I had failed to unlock.

She went straight to bed to get five or so hours, so I potter around, make breakfast and second coffee, the cats sit outside the bedroom, hoping to get inside.

I have a orning of meetings. But not audits, so that is something. I would be talking to various people until half tweleve. five hours.

I tell myself I am not in the chcken factory and make another coffee.

Here we go.

There is not much to tell about the morning, if I'm honest. Just work, meetings and take notes.

I wake Jools at quarter past tweleve, and she gets up, has a shower.

For lunch I make courgette fritters. And I cheat and have some wine.

It was Friday.

And then back to work to make a couple of phone calls, and at two, I tell myself I have had a great week, you deserve an early stack. I tank myself and pack my work stuff away.

Cheers, easy.

And that is it.

We have a coffee, sit and talk for an hour. Surrounded by hungry cats.

We have cheese and crackers for tea. With tripel. For me.

The radio burbles away, but at half seven, I have had enough of computers, so switch it off and go upstairs for a shower, then finish the David Hepworth book before turning in at nine.

It had been dark for two hours.

No comments: