Saturday 31 October 2020

Friday 30th October 2020

So, back to how it was. Like we just walked out of the shower and all the logos on our workwear had been replaced.

Our heads are still spinning.

We have no idea what it means for any of us. Nor what it means for our projects, our areas of speciality. No idea.

We have no choice but to carry on until we are told otherwise.

Jools gets up at five, goes around getting ready for her yoga class, as this is her last day of furlough before going back to work. At the moment she is to be allowed to have Fridays off, but we shall see how long that lasts.

Once she leaves at ten past six, I go up to do my session on the cross trainer. Its easier than any day thus far, but still not enjoyable. But I have feeling more eneergetic. But then, everything is relative.

Three hundred and four I have a shower, have breakfast and am ready to start work at eight, as we have another auditor's meeting, though for a change we don't really talk about audits. We talk about the news, the only news, and the fact we have no idea what any of it means.

I have non-stop meetings to half twelve. Jools comes back, makes me a tea as I work away from one meeting to another.

At the end of it, I can confirm we have no idea what the news means.

I made a loaf of wholemeal bread before work, that gets baked at eleven, so was cool enough for lunch at quarter to one.

And the bread is a triumph. Of course.

I work to three, outside rain falls steadily. Te cats sit around, watching us to check on if and when we go near the kitty kibble tin, or that it might be dinner time. We give in at half three.

Dinner is courgette fritters, made with my own fair hands, though I did manage to nearly cut the top of my little finger off. Amazing how much blood a little pinky finger contains, and how high up the wall it can spurt.

Poppy I then realise how hard it is to open a band aid package with blood pissing out of your finger.

Oh how I laugh.

The fritters get cooked, and they too are very good, not a triumph, then needed more spice. But we ate them all anyway.

Cleo For the evening, I watched the Reading v Coventry game on TV, and Coventry beat the league leaders, 3-2, and were good value for their victory too.

Outside the wind howled and the rain fell.

No comments: