Saturday 24 October 2020

Friday 23rd October 2020

Friday at last.

And being Frday, Jools has an early yoga class, meaning she sets the alarm for five. I do hear it go off, but do fall back asleep for a while.

I wake up to the smell of coffee brewing, which is all the encouragement I need to leap out of bed. The coffee was waiting downstairs, now, with Jools out of the house would have the get up and go to get up and do a 4th session of the week on the cross trainer?

Two hundred and ninety seven I would, as it happens.

I go up, plug the radio in, tune it into 6 records, and pump lard. Not for long, but long enough. For now.

Next week there is talk of 15 minutes and beyond.

We shall see.

I have breakfast and second coffee, as Jools was going from yoga straight to Tesco so would not be back until nearly nine, and I had meetings. Always meetings.

I should have gone out for a walk, it was the last bright day for a week, but work mean't I did not get free until well into the afternoon and by then clouds had rolled in and it looked too bracing to go out.

The eyes have it I did snap the cats, and the garden from the bathroom window, showing how fine it is looking now all work has been done before winter sets in.

We have nachos again for dinner, seeing that over half a bowl of salsa needed to be used up, and good news was the garlic in it has festered and was now very stinky, perfect for a night of cards at Jen's then.

Ready for winter Which is how we spent the evening, playing cards. Mainly waiting for Sylv to sort her hand out, but it was all good natured.

This week sees Betty being cremated, family are coming down from Wales for the service, and I will have the day off work, of course.

Details have been sorted out, with more to do, but life goes on. Jen is to go to stay with Sylv for a while once the fineral and other stuff has been seen to. She does't know what she will do in the long term, but we will always be there for her, of course.

Jen wins both hands of Meld, winning 80 pence in the process, all for three hours work.

Still it was fun.

Jools drives us back home, and I watch the end of the Forest v Derby, er, local derby.

No comments: