Sunday 18 August 2024

Friday 16th August 20124

Friday.

Another day without work, and a day in which we had chores.

Being Friday, Jools was up and about to go to her yoga class, I laid in bed, snoozing until I heard her start the car and drive off to the class.

Two hundred and twenty nine Once up I found a steady drizzle falling, meaning there would be no raking until later in the day, if at all.

Once up, I put the bins out, move the cat's bowls to where they wanted them, or rearrange the food to the food is in the middle of the bowl, and so acceptable.

I spent most of the morning on the phone to the credit card company and then Expedia, trying to get a refund for the hotel in King's Lynn that cancelled.

Ready for autumn and winter I thought I could just get money back, but after waiting an hour to speak to someone, I was told I had to contact the vendor first.

Sigh.

So the processes began again, and it seems the owner of the hotel wasn't licking up the phone, and as of late Saturday night, Expedia still haven't been able to speak to him.

Faded Burnet Moth I will get my money back, but just when and from whom.

Once Jools was home at half one, we drove to Tesco to brave the madness that is the supermarket on a Friday. But with the hand scanner, its still pretty painless.

We zipped round and were back by half three, and somehow most of the day had slipped by.

I listened to my gut in the music quiz, and my gut was wrong, but after it finished, we had a good chat about stuff, so another hour passed.

Finally, the football restarted, with Man Utd v Fulham, and in a poor game, Utd scored late on the take the three points, somehow after Fulham had dominated.

So it goes.

No comments: