Tuesday 27 August 2024

Monday 26th August 2024

Last day of the four day weekend. And no football, not much of anything. And I felt, a dayf or doing nothing.

I laid in until ten to eight! Almost lunchtime in this house, getting up to find the coffee made and sunshine flooding in through the windows out back.

Black over Willy's Mothers' Jools was to do a course at the leisure centre at eleven, and then we thought, we might go for a walk in the wood in the afternoon.

While she was out, I sliced up the guanciale, weighed it into portions for freezing. About 19 portions from the 2Kg hunk.

Two hundred and thirty nine Poor Mulder smelt the meat on my hand before I had a chance to wash them, licked and must have got some of the pepper coating, as he was not impressed and ran off shaking his head.

We had sausage and bacon butties for lunch, and a huge brew. And so with full stomachs we snoozed the afternoon through, until at just after four the ice cream van came round, bells chiming, so we got a 99 each.

I had bought "large" scones from the fruit and veg place near to Sandwich on Sunday, they must have weight half a pound each, so I make huge brews, cut the scones in half, butter them and put each one on a dinner plate; they don't look out of place.

And that was supper.

So, another day comes to an end, but now just 363 days until retirement.

Probably.

No comments: