Saturday 24 August 2024

Thursday 22nd August 2024

I sleep in again, mainly thanks to cats fighting under the bed at midnight, then carrying on outside. And then my stupid brain woke up and blah, blah, blah.

All in all I was in a bad mood and had to get a whole load of stuff done before the four day weekend could start.

Two hundred and thirty five First job was to check the moth trap, and the highlight was a Marbled Green, which was very fancy and worth putting the trap out for.

Other than that, we're both pretty worn out and wanting the weekend to come, though Jools didn't sleep through the alarm like some I could mention.

Triodia sylvina I log on and there is the usual sprinkle of messages with each author thinking their problem the most important.

I make a second cup of coffee and ponder my next act.

I review more documents, but if I'm honest, raises more questions than if I'd go in next week having down zero preparation.

Luperina testacea The wind blows more, rain comes down, and so I have to go round closing windows to keep the chill off.

The day passes, slowly.

Dinner is defrosted and warmed through ragu, with fresh pasta, though not made by me again.

It took almost no time to prepare, but was wonderful.

With the clouds, it got dark before eight, which meant we were happy to go to bed soon after.

But it was the weekend.

No comments: