Thursday 1 August 2024

Wednesday 31st July 2024

And so the weather changes.

Again.

Gone is the sunshine and cloudless skies, instead a morning so dark and gloomy it needed the table light on in the living room.

There isn't much on for me during the day, other than the fact I finished the final audit report and then remembered I needed to arrange a meeting to present it.

Sigh.

Its taken so long thus far because of the summer vacations, and even then half those who were present will still be away on Friday.

Two hundred and thirteen And through the day I nipped and folded a fresh batch of focaccia for dinner to go with Caprese.

I have learned the longer you give the folds to settle and fill with bubbles from the yeast, the better. And so every hour or so I oil my hands, nip and fold. Nip and fold.

The final stretch it to place in a baking tray, allow to rise again for an hour and a half, then put in to bake at five so to be ready for when Jools comes home.

I slice the tomatoes and cheese, drizzle with balsamic and olive oil, harvest yet more basil, get the baked bread out, slice and serve.

Delicious.

Ans o filling there was no room for the last two slices of tart. But there's always tomorrow.

There was the threat of thunder that never quite reached here, but during Wednesday night, there were flashes over the French coast and the distant rumble of thunder.

Maybe it'll get closer tomorrow.

No comments: