Friday 16 August 2024

Thursday 15th August 2024

Out first thing in the morning, and I find a Slow Worm, minus its tail, so I put it in the "formal" bed and hope that it stays out of the heat.

Two hundred and twenty eight Jools is now going to work earlier, as her "number two", Donna, is on holiday, so is doing the work of two, so a head start before the office fills up with noise and questions is needed.

That being said, it was an altogether quiet day, I had to get my enthusiasm up to scarify the lawn.

For the wildflower seeds, something like 40% bare soil so the seeds are in contact so can germinate. So, the manual scarifying tool is not that bad, but clearly my back had to complain once I started, so regular breaks were needed, and Scully needed attention too, so the hour-long job took most of the day.

And then pick up the dried thatch for the bin collection on Friday.

I write some more, edit pictures of Ely, listen to podcasts and watch videos, the day passes quickly if unproductively.

I could get used to doing nothing.

As expected, the wind got up and clouds swept over, to the point I closed some windows and the back door, as it was getting chilly.

Dinner was pizza, followed by coffee and nuts!

And then an early night on what was the eve of the Premier League season.

The madness begins all over again on Friday evening.

No comments: