Tuesday 6 August 2024

Monday 5th August 2024

Ange and her team of fellow swimmers ploughed on through the night, whilst we slept. Sean sent updates, and at just before one on Monday, Ange was the swimmer to complete the final leg and emerge on a beach neat Calais.

Two hundred and eighteen As they swam, I checked the moth trap, and was rewarded with another Elephant Hawkmoth, that was quite happy to sit in my hand.

Once I had shots, placed it on a plant, its wings vibrated and it took off, to find somewhere out of the sun to shelter.

Deilephila elpenor In the clematis, flowers of the Passion flower were opening. This is remarkable, because for each of the last five years we have ripped it out of the ground, and yet it comes back year after year. I sure straight after WWIII it'll be flowering in the wasteland.

Passion I walk up to the house, have a coffee and think about the coming working day.

I won't lie: its been shit.

So, I gird my loins and with a strong second coffee jump into the day in the wind industry.

In the evening, Jools has aquafit, which means not having supper until she comes back from the pool. When we have half a pizza each and some booze.

Deilephila elpenor Before then I listen to podcasts, watch stuff, and write these posts, of course, and the afternoon and evening passes.

Darkness now falls just after nine, so lay in bed listening to the wind in the trees, and the thought that soon autumn will be here.

No comments: