Saturday 24 August 2024

Wednesday 21st August 2024

Wednesday.

And halfway through the working week, and I am about halfway through my review of documents.

And there is the prospect of a four day weekend to look forward to, jam-packed with things to take pictures of and write about after.

I put the moth trap out Tuesday night, and it seemed a drop in temperatures across the country caused numbers of moths on the wing to drop.

Two hundred and thirty four No hawkmoths for me, or anything pretty or beautiful, so I take a few shots and shoo the moths away so they'll be somewhere safe during the day.

Jools had left for work earlier, so it was just me, and so after a second coffee, I summon up the energy, gird my loins and log on to work, and off we go.

Lymantria dispa As Rune says, there is so much noise around in the department, we spend more time talking about the noise than actually working or talking about work.

There was the 2nd quarter results meeting, and the usual we're doing well, but not so well you're going to get a bonus line. Setting us up for disappointment come next Spring.

There is omelette and Boston beans for lunch. I resist the wine, for now, and so eat well and find that I was all out of enthusiasm for the rest of the day, but do my best to close the innings out.

It was Cath's birthday, so Jools drops a card off on the way home, and back at Chez Jelltex, I prepare Caprese and make garlic bread, with bread that was a bit too stale.

But goes down well once Jools comes home.

The remains of a hurricane are going to blow through over the next two days, so it looks and feels like autumn.

We go to bead early, and the wind rattles the blinds. as we drop off.

No comments: