Tuesday 13 September 2022

Monday 12th September 2022

On this day in 1964, my parents were married at St Micheal in Oulton, Suffolk.

Both are gone, and Mum will have been gone 3 years at the end of this month, and Dad, he went in 1996, 26 years gone.

I still miss the ol' bugger.

But life goes on, of course.

And for a treat, I have another audit to carry out all day.

Deep joy.

Which means getting up sharpish when the alarm went off and going for a shower, down for a coffee and had breakfast before seven as I would only have limited time through the day.

Jools on the other hand, had the day off. She has every Monday off until the end of Novemember, due to the hours she worked and she hasn't had much time off. So, she was going to go swimming, then go to pick sloes for gin, and do some gardening and so on.

I should have half an hour break to have lunch, and maybe sit with Jools to catch up.

Audits by Teams is difficult, the language issue and accents make understanding troublesome, and so, I would also have to study the screen closely to see documents to make notes. If not careful, this would trigger a migraine. It did last Thursday.

Two hundred and fifty five Anyway, the day passed slowly, minutes dragged, but it was broken up into small chunks so we did rattle through.

Lunch at half ten, I toast come crumpets and make brews, so we can sit in the warm sunshine for half an hour before I went back inside to do some checking on documents.

We finish at three. I wrap up and log off.

I needed a break, so we went for a walk, just along to the edge of the street and over the field so I could hunt Clouded Yellows as the lucerne had bloomed again.

I spent an hour scouring the fields, and saw three or four, and as I walked back towards the house, one flew nearby so I got some distant shots. Not a wasted trip, but then a walk is never wasted, of course.

Colias croceus Back home for a brew, and as radio schedules have been changed so not to play or say anything potentially offensive, I was minded not to listen at all, but gave in at half six, and it was pretty much like it usually is, at least on Radio 6.

Still no football, but it bounces back on Tuesday. A bit.

So, music, writing and an early night again.

No comments: