Wednesday 7 September 2022

Tuesday 6th September 2022

The day that the rains came.

At last.

As always, storms forecast for the evenings, so a repeat of Monday evening looked possible, I even thought of taking video of the storm.

If it got here.

In the end, rain began at seven, as storms gathered along the French coast, but the storms faded as they headed north, but the rain fell pretty much all night. I would wake up and hear it falling, watering the garden.

Before that, the working day and all that entailed.

Truth is, I've lost my mojo with work. I am locked out of discussions on the task I am supposed to own.

But I have audits to keep me busy for the net few weeks. I told my boss that the change will do me good.

He agreed.

So we move on.

I do the usual things: breakfast, lunch, coffee, tea. And wait hand and foot on the cats. I can make them happy, or quiet, by feeding them. Scully really wants someone to sit with out on the patio, but there's work to be done, Scully.

Two hundred and forty nine So she goes to sleep on her blanket near me.

As the day turns into afternoon, cloud builds and the weather turns almost chilly. So much so that when Jools comes back she closes the back door.

And soon after is when the rain began to fall, almost dark by seven in the evening. Clouds so thick it blocks the signal for the tellybox.

We go to bed with the sound of rain hammering down, and wind gusting, driving the rain against next door's wall and on the roof of the car port.

No comments: