Wednesday 14 September 2022

Tuesday 13th September 2022

Its OK carrying out audits, but it does mean audit reports to be written, of course.

So that's what my day had in store, going over my spidery writing and trying to work out what I wrote just a few hours before.

Jools was back to work, and we were both awake at five when the alarm went off. Outside it was still very dark, and dawn was perhaps an hour away.

Sometimes there is the occasional cat fight when we get up, as the mogs try to work out which has priority for the first bowl of food. That done and all with food, life settles down.

I have coffee. Second coffee and watch the dawn spread over the land out the back door. It would rain by the end of the day, and continue pretty much for 24 hours.

It'll do the garden good.

And then to work, with another avalanche of mails coming in during Monday, and that to deal with and meetings to attend to, so it was nearly 11 before I actually sat down to do the job of the day: writing the audit report.

I had put out the moth trap the night before, and so went out to check once it got light, and the higlight for me was a fine Common Emerland, which was fresh, but also I could identify it without asking. Lots of other large and small brown mths, but the poor light made their ID impossible.

Two hundred and fifty six Lunch is defrosted ragu and pasta.

Which worked very well, and saved me baking bread or having something else. And it meant using up more leftovers, even if it was five months old.

I worked through the afternoon, to beyd four, by which time I had forgotten that I was supposed to get the mower out before the rain came.

Oh well.

I fed the cats and packed the office away, before making dinner: fishcakes, corn, str fry and chips. Good and bad. Healthy and dirty food.

And for the evening, I watched a Championship game, listene to Liverpool in the CL and had an eye on the score ticker.

Who said men can't multitask?

No comments: