Thursday 29 September 2022

Wednesday 28th September 2022

A bad night's sleep was had, and I felt like poo in the morning.

This was going to be a long day.

Its still dark at twenty past five of course, and now there isn't enough daylight to power the solar lights on the shelter at the end of the garden, odd to get up and see total darkness there.

I do the usual stuff in the morning. Jools went swimming and I listened to a podcast, then began work, and that's when the problems started.

Lack of sleep and working on computers leads in very short time to spots in my vision, the first step on a migraine.

I stopped and went to sit on the sofa for twenty minutes, then went back to work and within ten minutes more spots before my eyes.

So, I hoped that going for a walk would sort things out.

Of course I took a camera, and headed out over the fields hoping to see a Clouded Yellow, which I did see, and one allowed me to get quite close a couple of times, I got shots, but not my best.

I walked on, past Fleet House and down past the farm, then up the hill to the new seat for a rest and a check on how I felt.

I felt OK, much better for not looking at a computer screen, if I'm honest.

I walked through the first mud I have seen since early spring made going soft, then turn along Green Lane, where I saw three more butterflies, and being still early and cool meant that they were happy to bask and so let me take shots.

Two hundred and seventy one A Comma flew by, then I spotted another just landed, and so I crept up and got my shots.

Pararge aegeria A short walk further along, a Speckled Wood also basked, and looked pretty fresh.

But not as fresh as the Holly Blue that was resting with wings closed, but allowed me again to get shots.

Celastrina argiolus Sadly, the Southern Hawker I spotted saw me approach and flew off.

I walked back home and checked work mails. Not much happening, just lots of messages regarding travel expenses.

I'll do them in the morning.

With that I shut the computer down and went to lay on the sofa. Eyes closed.

The afternoon passed quietly.

I was feeling washed out, but OK.

I prepared dinner; fishcakes, lentil dahl and stir fry.

Beer wasn't a good idea, probably, but went down well.

It will come as no surprise to hear we went to bed at eight.

Sleep came quickly.

No comments: