Friday 9 September 2022

Thursday 8th September 2022

And what was going to be quite the day.

Up at five and straight in the shower and have a shave, as for eight hours I would be in an audit, auditing, with little or no time to do anything other than to grab a drink or a snack through the day.

It was bright again, light clouds and already getting light in the south east, but there was promise of rain coming.

In fact, rain came earlier than thought, mid-morning, with the sky going black, and I had to put the table lamp on to see to write, then rain came out of the sky, falling like water from a tap. Falling like that for an hour. Soon all the water butts were full and overflowing.

Meanwhile I had had coffee, breakfast and second coffee, and logged in for the audit, over 20 people joined, and the fun and games egan.

THe day went on, me auditing, and from the comments at the end of the day, being too nice.

Well, better to ease information out that subject people to an interrogation.

At lunchtime, I fancied something sweet, so I made a half batch of Norfolk Short Cakes, mixed them, made into cakes and put in the oven with enough time that they were ready in half an hour, and I could have two with a brew.

Two hundred and fifty one That was quick work.

And tasty.

I had three hours to do, six more departments to audit, and going got tough as we went on, but come three, I was done, made some sense out of my rough notes, and presented the fidnings at half three, and all done just before four.

I had closed my personal laptop in the morning, but as the cakes baked, I looked at the latest news, and saw the news about the Queen, and it already looked bad. So I kept Twitter on, and the day seemed to be a case of when the dreadful event came, rather than if.

Jools had asked for dirty food, burgers, for dinner, so I cooked those, which we both had with a beer/cider, and just after we had finished, the news came that the Queen was gone.

It was going to be a quiet evening anyway, as our usual radio show was postponed, but wouldn't have gone ahead anyway. And then as I finished my blog post, the beginnings of a migraine appeared, so I closed the laptop down and lay on the sofa.

We went to bed at ten to eight, no reading for me either, just lay with my eyes closed hoping that sleep would take me.

No comments: