Friday 30 September 2022

Thursday 29th September 2022

I am taking a week off at the end of this week, so I am counting the hours and minutes until I can not think about work for a week. Not that it is bad, really. I am not overworked, I am not stressed, but failing to, mostly, feel like I am making a difference.

Can I keep this up for the remaining 34 months and three weeks until I can (hopeflly) retire?

Maybe.

I still am not sleeping too well, but didn't feel quite as bad as the day before, so was ready when worked called at seven, and I logged on..

My boss is off, and I am up to date with my tasks, so all there is to do really is travel expenses. Which like always is never as bad as you think it will be. Doubly so when after a few failed attempts you get to know what you're doing.

I had tred to scan my receipts the day before, but although the scanner powered up and made the usual noses, the computer could not detect it. The HP utilities could see it, but even after two hours spent updating drivers and so on, still no work. SO I resorted to using my compact camera, only to discover that the was a 4MB limit on files sizes.

How difficult could it be to reduce the size of the files to less than 4MB?

Very difficult it seemed, with neither of the two simple editing tools on my work PC having that capability, so I had to do it via my editing tool on my home PC and resend the shots.

Then I got it done.

I click the submit button and job done.

Phew.

So I make a brew and have a brew to celebrate.

In the afternoon I went for a walk, to get steps in and to get a shot for the day. Only think I do get was a shot of a fresh male Common Blue among the lucerne.

Polyommatus icarus Click.

Jools had said a couple of nights ago that we, I, was getting set in our, my, ways. And we should push against that. Which is why after dinner of fritters we went out to Walmer for a pub quiz.

The Lighthouse We have not done one since the Harbour Board club closed before Tony died. So, we are out of practice. I booked a table, well, space at the bar, so we arrived at half seven, and watched as the other teams arrived and members met up.

Two hundred and seventy two Also, the venue, The Lighthouse, had Old Dairy Green Hop Brown Ale on tap, and I wanted to try that, which I did, and was very nice.

We did OK over the eight rounds: general knokledge, two music rounds, one on mystical weapons among others. We finished 4th from last, but were a team of two, while others had up to eight members.

It was good to be out, although we got back at half ten, 90 minutes past our bed time.

No comments: