Thursday 8 September 2022

Wednesday 7th September 2022

Jools was up and about before five, and for a change, so was I.

Being a Wednesday, she was going swimming at six, then to work, and I had an audit to prep for.

Once work began, that is.

It had rained pretty much all night, and as dawn emerged, rain fell even harder, falling once again so that it looked like mist across the valley and bouncing off the car bonnet out front.

Early morning downpour No worries as I wasn't going anywhere, not far, anyway.

Jools left for work, I had breakfast, and a second cofee, and began work.

And like many times before, the best laid plans of an international playboy and quality expert, were torn asunder as I was asked to attend meetings, explain this and that.

Early morning downpour So by the time I could get on to do the work for the day, over half the day had gone.

For lunch I made naan bread to go with the soup I warmed up.

Yummy, before returning for two final hours at the coalface.

And in a surprise move, I did some gardening instead of going for a walk and taking photos.

I did some deadheading, and got the shears out to hack at the goldenrod and tansy beside the drive, as their lush growth had reduced the width of the drive by about a third. We could still get the car down, but the sensors bleeped and tweeted like mad.

Two hundred and fifty I swept up and bagged the clippings, and placed ready beside the drive for collection on Friday.

I had a brew then went to make dinner, a simple meal of fishcakes, stir fry and noodles.

And wine.

And so an evening of football, radio and writing.

Liverpool lost 4-1 in Naples, and it could have been so much worse.

Times are changing.

No comments: