Friday 23 September 2022

Wednesday 21st September 2022

Second full day in Aarhus, and just trying to fill out my time.

Fact is, there is a significant wave of fresh COVID, my colleague and his daughter has it, my boss has it, the guy I was to audit has it, and my friend on the project who I was to have coffee with is also sick with it.

Two hundred and sixty four So, although I feel ill, there is the realisation that not all is well. Although at work and in the city, life goes on as normal.

A walk in Aarhus I drive to the office and made to look busy and even had two meetings to fill the day. Met my friends for lunch of fruit and vegetables, before my coaching session to a manager in Germany.

A walk in Aarhus It was a very good day, with lots of positive feedback. A lesson for us all there.

I had no plans for the evening, just to walk into town, find somewhere for a drink and then a place to eat.

A walk in Aarhus The old city square is splendid, dominated by the cathedral.

There's a bar opposite, I go in there for a beer and to read Record Collector that I picked up at LCY.

A walk in Aarhus Then along the "canal" to a burger joint where I find I order burger for the third night in a row.

Wasn't brilliant, but a burger never really is bad.

I wasn't done, I drop in to the pub beside the Sherlock Holmes, The Golden Lion, where I meet a couple: he from the US called Brandon, and his partner from Iceland.

We share laughs and stories, then I go back to my room to get some shuteye before getting up at five the next morning. Seven hours away.

No comments: