Thursday 15 September 2022

Wednesday 14th September 2022

Good evening.

We woke Wednesday to find it had been raining for 12 hours straight. Not hard, but good steady rain, just the sort the garden likes and needs.

Having sat up to listen to the football the night before, I slept through the alarm and Jools getting up, getting dressed, having breakfast, and only woke when she started the car to drive to the pool.

Ten to six.

I get up and after getting dressed, I go down to make coffee. There are no cats, as they had been fed and were now scattered around the house, sleeping. In fact, Cleo had been with me on the bed, and her jumping up is what woke me more than the car engine starting.

Outside, rain fell from windless skies. Dark and gloomy, too dark to not have the table lamp on until wel into the afternoon. It must be autumn now, as for the last week Scully has taken to sleeping in the living room during the day, her gentle snoring keeping me company as I work.

Oh yes, work.

I had an audit scheduled, but it seemed that we covered everything on Monday, so we had a catch up, I clarified one of the findings and that was that. I had, in effect, a free day. If only I could do something with it.

Two hundred and fifty seven Instead, the rain continued to fall, sparrows sat in the bush waiting for me to fill the feeders.

I defrosted a mystery tub of somethign from the freezer for lunch. Turned out it was some kind of tomato based sauce. It had chorizo and mince in it. Went fine with some pasta.

At the end of the working day, it was stopped raining, and was even threatening sunshine, so I went to upstairs to take shots as the lawns in the next two gardens were now showing green instead of dead and brown.

That done, and checking on on sleepy head Cleo, I came down to pack work away and make dinner.

I rustle up a batch of batter for fritters, and let the mixture rest until Jools was due to come home.

Evening was spent multi-tasking again: following Norwich on Twitter, listening to Citeh in the CL and watching Sunderland v Reading on the tellybox.

Norwich won 3-2 and are second in the table. Not playing well, but winning.

A good habit.

No comments: