Saturday 1 October 2022

Friday 30th September 2022

Last day of the month, and the last day of work before a week off.

Much to be happy about.

I am all caught up at work, just some follow up to be done, and I have done travel expense report withon a week of the actual trip.

Wonders will never cease.

We did lay in until after six, as we went to bed late the night before, so got up as the sun rose, and it was a glorious morning. Like a golden autumnal day that would be great to be out in, kicking through banks of golden leaves.

But the forecast was for winds building to storm force by tea time along with driving rain. It was hard to believe looking at the golden morning.

I put out the bins and garden rubbish before work, Jools left for work, and I get down to work. No mails to deal with, so I take calls with colleagues.

I look in the fridge, nothing much for dinner, so I decide to bake a batch of Norfolk Short Cakes, so take the block of butter out to make mixing easy, and make do with fruit to start the day.

Come lunchtime, cloud started to build outside, make the cakes and put them into the ovens, baking for 25 minutes, then having to wait half an hour for them to cool so to be eaten. I take two and a huge brew to the bench outside, its just about bearable to sit there as the wind bulds and clouds thicken.

Two hundred and seventy three I was done with work by two, so set the out of office message and log off.

Yay.

Jools comes home, so we have a brew and a short cake, just for quality control purposes, of course.

Then we doss around doing our hobbies until six when it's music quiz time. I was hopeless, but then I know little about Neil Young.

So we drive to Jen's, the storm is in full force and rain is falling in sheets. Once there, we run from the car to the house, getting wet on the way, and all evening the rain hammered down on the skylight over the table.

She had made pizzas for us, topped with ham, olives as well as cheese. They worked.

I mean pizza is good.

And then to cards, and I ended up winning the pot in Meld but John scooped the pot for a run after correctly forecasting he would pick up ace, two and three of spades, which he could lead with.

Which he did.

Rain was still bouncing down as Jools drove us home, the wind howled around the house, so we went to bed to the sound of rain on the windows.

9 days off.

No comments: