Thursday 20 October 2022

Loyalty

A Conservative MP was interviewed last night after the lobby chaos, and he said how he is trying to be loyal to the party.

The Conservative Party.

But loyalty to the party is not what should top their agenda.

1. Loyalty to the country: to do what is best for the United Kingdom of Great Briatain and Northern Ireland.

2. Their constituents: it is them who voted for the MP to represent them in Parliament.

3. To Parliament itself.

4. Their party.

I opposed Brexit because I believed, and all evidence showed, how bad it would be for the country. I love my country and its people. I served my country in the Armed Forces for 15 years, and proud of that service. I want my country to get stronger, richer, and that all citizens share in that improvement.

Talk is this morning of Truss remaining in post until after the Chancellor's statement on 31st October. Because that would be best for the party, as a new leader would bring in their own management team. But, what is best for the country?

Not Truss, and for the moment, not the Tories either.

Bring Johnson back? Let's not forget the very party I am talking about committed regicide in removing him from power due to his multiple failings. How bad a mess are the Tories in if the only answer is to bring Johnson back?

Currently, Johnson is on holiday in the Caribbean after earning £160,000 for a speaking gig in the US. He is not in Parliament representing his constituents. He is doing what he does best, looking after himself, grifting.

The only answer is a General Election. But the power to call that lies with Liz Truss.

Lizz Truss who failed to vote in a confidence vote for herself, failing to use her swipe card which is the method for voting.

No comments: