Tuesday 25 October 2022

Monday 24th October 2022

Back to work.

I have no boss. As such.

He is now splitting his time between his new job and his old job. God news, for me, is that he isn't our boss until Thursday and Friday, and I'll be on my holibobs again by then.

So I am my own boss.

And as tempting as itmight have been to tell myself what a good job I had been doing and that I deserve the day off, I don't.

I do have a pile of travel expenses to do.

Which is nice.

But experience tells me that I now know what I have to do, and it holds no fear for me now.

Jen was heading to Austalia, and needed to be at the airport by half five, so Mike took her and Jools went along for the ride. This meant Jools getting up at quarter to three, and being out of the house by ten past. I worried so much she'd oversleep I had been awake for at least an hour berore, and went back to bed once she left.

But it took some time to drop back off.

I woke back up at Jools was reversing the car back down the drive at half six, meaning I had half an hour before starting work.

Eeeek.

Jools comes in, makes a coffee for me, so I am ready to go on time.

Phew.

Jools is shattered but refuses to go back to bed for a snooze, so she falls asleep on the sofa instead whilst reading. Several times.

I do my travel expenses, I have receipts for every bill. I photograph them, and attach to the report, so by the end of the day, all had been accepted.

Yay.

Apart from that, there is mails to reply and training to arrange.

And that was that.

Our sloth had not been helped by the fact I made bacon rolls for breakfast, two of. Each. They laid heavy and made our eyelids dop.

I did go outside, I should have gone for a walk, but for reasons (couldn't be arsed) I didn't. Jools did drive to Samphire Hoe and walked for a hour round the sea wall and back.

Two hundred and ninety seven Work eneded at three, I made dinner. Leftover beef, Yorkshire puddings along with reheated gravy and fresh steamed veg and roast potatoes.

We ate at four, more than enough so we did not have to eat again.

It is now dark by six, so no time for walking, jsut a coffee and a chocolate or two before listening to the radio.

I was going to watch the West Ham v Bornmuff game, and indeed I watched the first half, my my eyes were itichy and bloodshot, so went to bed at half time.

Jools had gone to bed an hour before.

No comments: