Friday 21 October 2022

Thursday 20th October 2022

Thursday, if anything, was duller than Wednesday, in that there was no cooker to clean. Though it did dirty it up some later by frying some venison and cranberry sausages.

Sausages.

Other than that, the day was quiet, no meetings, few mails and no calls.

And no disaster either. Which was nice.

Rain first thing. Quite heavy rain meant cats came in damp, or damper, and stayed in.

Two hundred and ninety three The sun came out later, and after some messing about watching videos, I went out to clear the path of grass, as seeds falling out of the bird feeder are feeding the grass nearby. Even worse than that are the sparrows, who can only eat bits of peanuts, sit in the bush pulling out nuts that are too big until they find one they like. There is quite a mound of peanuts growing.

Chaos in Westminster, clearly, held most of my attention, especially once a statement was announced for half one.

I see a few shots of Merveille du Jours moths being trapped, and after Hawk Moths, this was the species I wanted to see and photograph thus making me buy the trap last year.

Chorizo has for dinner, though made with the sausages I said I fried, which had a fine sweetness and made eating it very nice indeed. I had a tripel to wash it down, which went very nice too.

Just before bedtime, Jools asked if there was storms forecast. I checked and there wasn't, but storms over norther France were lighting up the clouds, easily visible from the back door.

I set the moth trap, and went to bed, dreaming of exotic flying beasts.

No comments: