Saturday 8 October 2022

Friday 7th October 2022

Last day of the week off. And there was the garden to finish off.

Or the lawnmeadow.

If I could get the mower started.

The brand new mower.

I was half through doing it the other day, stopped to adjust something, and it wouldn't restart, even after filling up.

So, Jools had to car to go to work, I would stay and do the garden, after putting the bins out. THe weather forecast was good, so all set for a busy morning.

Two hundred and eighty Only no one told the weather that it was supposed to be fine. There was a heavy shower just before dawn, and then steady drizzle from eight for a good couple of hours.

By that time I had tried the mower, and again it failed to start, so I put in on charge and left it out to see if that sorted it out.

So I went back in for breakfast of fruit followed by oatcakes with marmalade, while outside the rain fell.

After lunchtime, clouds cleared and so I went back out, disconnected the mower from the lead and tried to start it, it fired first time.

Cooking on gas.

I could have left the clippings and collect them over the weekend, or I could get it done.

In a remarkable turnaround, I got the scarifier out and gathered the clippings and dead thatch, then gathered it all up. So, all ready for sowing seeds over the weekend of yet more wildflowers for next year.

And once done, that will be all done for the year.

Jools's cough is slightly better, so that we decided to go to Jen's after all for some card action. And on the way we would pick up a Chinese.

Once I failed at the music quiz, obviously.

That done, we went to the take away where the meal was waiting, and went to Whitfield, and our realisation that after this night there are just three more card nights before Jen heads to Australia for the winter.

We eat well, and too much, I guess, and after cleaning up, we have a game of meld, but as the evening went on, Jools's cough got worse and worse, so sonce Jen won, we headed back home.

The nearly full moon hung high in sky, lighting our way home.

No comments: