Thursday 20 October 2022

Wednesday 19th October 2022

Hump day.

My I don't give a toss day.

Sorry, that's every day.

Jools and I slept until six, her cough a little better. Still not well enough for swimming or yoga on Friday. But a little better. And although taking "non-drowsy" syrup, she took ages to go to sleep the night before, so took some getting going this morning.

Two hundred and ninety two Not much really to tell of the day. Pretty much the same as every working day to be honest.

I set the office up, check mails and get on with answering urgent stuff, then sit down to deal with outstanding issues. And have the radio on.

If I'm honest, politics took my focus, with PMQs at lunchtime, then the stuff surrounding the fracking cote in the evening, and then there was football to listen to.

Inbetween, time for breakfast, lunch, stopping for brews and the usual stuff.

Scully brougt in a tiny mouse, and she and I had a fair old time chasing it round the living room. I did catch the wee thing, but no option than to drop it into bushes and hope it found its way back to the nest.

Other than that, I clean the stove, the hob anyway. Amazing how little cooking creates so much mess. But in about and hour, it looks excellent, just so I could dirty it up again.

Which I do by making chicken cordon bleu, sliced and stuffed, then breadcrumbed by my own fair hands. Much better than store bought ones, but much messier. There' boiled corn and soyed noodles to go with them, and we both declare dinner a winner.

Football in the evening, though focus was on the chaos in Westminster, and at the end with Government falling apart, I pour a slug of the 1963 vintage port, and laugh like a drain.

No comments: