Tuesday 18 October 2022

Monday 17th October 2022

Back to the working week.

And working from home.

Jools had Monday off once agai, and went swimming early on, then into town and then a shopping trip to Canterbury.

Despite not getting many mails, I had over 50 to deal with from my two weeks out of office, and althoug I ignored them on Friday, I couldn't any longer. So, after coffee and listening to a podcast, I set up the office and switched the computer on.

Outside it was getting light, and soon enough, as usual, the two staring eyes of Poppy were looking back at me, so I open the front door and she dashes in for kibbles and then breakfast, and finally to bed to sleep the day through.

I had more than enough to keep me busy, and was.

Main order of business was a meeting at nine, where it was announced that our soon-to-be-replaced boss was in fact leaving the department on Friday, and a new manager would be coming in on December 1st.

And not sure whether I like that much. I mean the outgoing boss has his faults, but lets us get on with our jobs, and his a decent bloke who I speak to about football and beer. A lot.

Something to think about.

Jools came back having had breakfast out, so I have toast and chocolate spread for lunch, she then goes to do some beading, and I get back to work.

THere are tasks to do in the garden, but with rain showers falling through the day, we didn't go out.

I'll do it tomorrow. I hear myself say.

We do have a ton of seasoned wood delivered for the log burner meaning when it gets colder we can light it and warm the house that way. No need for that at the moment as its crazy warm, even at night, so warm that we have the bedroom windows open as temperatures only fell to 17 degrees.

Two hundred and ninety I make fritters for dinner, and have a tipple of tripel.

Cheers.

Football on the tellybox; Charlton v Pompy, I turn it off at nine with Charlton 2-0 up.

No comments: