Saturday 15 October 2022

Friday 14th October 2022

All good things come to an end, and so a week on holiday and then four days on the Isle of Wight, with a weekend in the middle, was all well enough, but we have to go back to work in the end.

And after nearly two weeks off, there would be an avalanche of mails waiting for me. Mails and meeting invites, and documents to review.

But when I looked at my Outlook calendar, I saw I had solid meetings from seven through to one, at which point I had to go into town for a dentist appointment.

Jools went to work at seven, having put the bins out, meaning I drank a coffee and then set up the office for the seven o'clock department meeting, followed by two hours discussig the latest bright idea.

I did manage to get breakfast in and made a second brew between meetings, but the day dragged.

As the morning went on, my throught began to, well, feel as though it was made of sandpaper, and got worse as the morning went on, to the point I thought it was either a cold or COVID coming. I decided to call the dentist to telll them, and we agreed that to be dafe, to postpone my appointment to next month.

Two hundred and eighty seven I thought back to the week when I could have possibly caught COVID, and reaised it could have been anywhere. And nowhere.

Jools came back and reported she had not coughed.

Then began to cough.

We call Jen to tell her we wouldn't be playing cards, as she is off to Australia in ten days, and we wouldn't want to make her ill so she missed the trip.

So, that was that.

The afternoon gave way to evening, I cooked fishcakes and dahl for dinner, after taking part in the weekly music quiz. I did poorly.

For there evening, there was football: Brighton v Brentford, and Brentford running out 2-0 winners, and that was the evening gone.

A quiet and uneventful day, unlike the day in Tory.

No comments: