Wednesday 19 October 2022

Tuesday 18th October 2022

Third week in October, and its like the beginning of September. Night temperatures last night didn't dip below seventeen degrees, and during the day, light winds, warm sunshine, warm ennough to sit in the back garden.

Strange days.

It is Tuesday, Jools goes back to work, still coughing, but I do get her to stop coughing by giving her cough syrup to take.

So that's something.

Jools leaves, and soon after there are Poppy's staring eyes at the living room window, just visible above the computer screen. I let her in, giver her kitty kibbles and then breakfast. I go up to see her later, and the "rice" we had noticed, one grain had hatched Just as well they all had wormers over the weekend. She is a stealth cat, and doesn't bring her prey inside, so we know she is eating it too.

Two hundred and ninety one Anyway.

On with work.

I have audit reports and agendas to write. Podcasts to listen to. Breakfast to eat. Coffee to drink.

The day slips by.

At two I go out for a walk, but the field of Lucerne has been harvested and ploughed. No real surprise, so no butterflies on the wing, or no Clouded Yellows anyway. I walk to Fleet House then back along the path over the fields to home.

Anacamptis pyramidalis I read my mails, fire a reply off, and finish.

I do have a task, to clear the Tansy and Goldenrod from beside the drive. Its all gone to seed and getting the car down is now very hard. So, with shears and bags, I chop, stomp and back the gone to seed plants away, revealing a good 18 inches of the drive.

Return of the dalia Tomorrow, I'm gonna clean the cooker. Probably. Possibly.

Dinner is easy: jacket spuds. I know how to cook mine, three hours on gas mk5, and Jools;s an hour less. I like mine with crispy skins, and these came out pergect. Once Jools is home, I cut them open, mix in butter and refill the empty skins.

Man, it may be simple, but is great comfort food.

And then there was the joy of following Norwich via the medium of Twitter.

Norwich lost. Had a player sent off, and the ground half empty by full time.

Always a disappointing football match, I hear you say.

No comments: