Sunday 18 July 2021

Freedom Day's Eve

Tomorrow, the UK Government will make giving into the pandemic its official policy.

One in 50 children who contract the virus will suffer from "long COVID".

It will not be good.

The virus will spread even more rapidly than it has done these past few weeks. Last week's Euro 2020 Final at Wembley was a test event.

I had two friends who went, not only were people without tickets allowed to get in, but the COVID testing that should have taken place, didn't. Even for those with tickets.

And now despite being double vaccinated, Ian has COVID. He was ill on Friday, but getting better, though has occasional temperature surges.

No one wants to see the mask mandate continue any longer than needed. I want the freedome to go to the pub, restaurants, theatres and travel back as much as anyone. But freedom not to wear masks will lead to disaster.

If you are ant-masks then it means you are pro-another lockdown in September, if not before.

Public Health needs to trump internal politics of the Tory party, but at the moment, pandering to the headbangers is winning out, and look how that went with Brexit!

I wish you all well in the days and weeks ahead. But I will wear my mask still because I care about YOU not just myself. Its not just about personal choice.

No comments: