Friday 9 July 2021

Thursday 8th July 2021

Two late nights, up until gone 11 both nights, and then early mornings made Ian a very tired boy. I only woke up again when Jools closed the back door to get to the car.

I lay in bed, wondering what the weather was going to be like once I opened the blinds; grey andcloudy was the familiar sight.

I get dressed and find zero cats for the time being. They had been bed and were doig "cat" things, although Cleo would return soon enough for the usual round of meows, rolling on the floor all cute, apparently wanting her belly rubbed, only to run off when you go to get up. Rather like Lucy pulling the football away for Charlie Brown.

I make a coffee.

I go into the garden to pick raspberries for breakfast, and a few redcurrents too. The glut seems to have come early, I get a good third of a pound of fruit to go with the yogurt and Grape Nuts.

One hundred and eighty nine Then a second coffee.

And to work.

I have a few tasks that I have been handbagging all week, I spend the day writing a long e mail and proposing solutions, which I think is the only viable way to fix the problems.

I have a long call with someone from HSE on supplier approval. I had no warning, but found myself talking with knowledge and finding solutions too.

Not sure who was more surprised to be honest.

I have lunch of warmed through fritters. Which is mighty fine I have to say.

It was the morning after the semi-final, amd half my colleagues are Danes, my boss congratulates England, was was unhappy witht he penalty. I say it could have gone either way. But he's not convinced. I don't gloat, I have been in his position too many times in recent years.

I am to become an instructor, along with two of my colleagues, which might actually have long term benefits. And is in my comfort zone.

So, I'm happy.

I really should have gone for a walk, but I have an ache in my back, and struggle with getting enthusiasm for it, and find an excuse not to go; either not sunny enough or too windy. Or both. I curse myself.

Spiky Dinner is aubergine, so I slice them, egg and breadcrumb them and all are done for when Jools returns home. Good news is she is up to date with stuff, so can relax for the evening, and there is no football to suffer, either.

But I am pooped, and head to bed at half eight to try to catch up on sleep.

It is already getting dark outside, the year gets old and the days, shorter.

No comments: