Saturday 10 July 2021

Friday 9th July 2021

Who knew watching football could be so tiring?

A combination of cats and night cramps meant I slept poorly and did not "catch up" on the sleep I felt I needed.

Again I woke up with Jools about to leave, she brought me coffee in bed before she left for another manic day, though she did get to go to her yoga class before her shift, and so it was just five hours, but five hours she earned her money.

I get up, listen to a podcast and am ready for work at five to seven, ready for the weekly catch up meeting. All other countries are enjoying relaxation of rules and restrictions, as are we in England, but the figures are doubling every nine days and expected to reach six figures by the end of the month, and yet the Government is accelerating unlocking.

I tell them the truth, because all over Europe numbers are cimbing too. We're not out of this yet.

We all know the score, and will be careful. At least the company has helped many of my colleagues and their families get the vaccine.

I have some tasks to complete, so I knuckle down straight after breakfast of another half pound of raspberries and a thrid coffee.

Then work.

I have a morning of nothing but calls on Team as many friends are preparing to go on vacation, the great getaway is starting in Denmark.

We haven't given much thought to a holiday for us, now that New Zealand is off for 12 months at least.

My mind starts to whirr.

There is cold friend aubergine for lunch, though I do warm them up in a little oil to crisp them up, and they go down very well indeed.

Essential supplies At two I am done, on her way home from work Jools goes to the dentist, so she doesn't get back until half three. By which time I had forgotten Le Tour was on, and the news tells us that Mark Cavendish has equalled the all time stage win record.

Wow.

I spend an hour watching the last three day's racing highlights, not the same as watching it, but to watch it all would be impossible.

Outside its another dull and wet day, though not that much rain, but a cool wind blows making it feel like March or April, not high summer.

I put on my jumper.

Dinner is chorizo hash. I can cook it now with little thought now, and soon we are sitting down to a fine dinner with double the amount of veggies in it as I had slipped on them the last few days.

One hundred and ninety That done, I take part in the music quiz; do badly, but have fun. And after a shower we play Uckers, and Jools beats me as we take over 5 minutes before one of us rolls the single 1 to win.

No comments: