Tuesday 27 July 2021

Monday 26th July 2021

Back to work, and with the cloudy weather continuing, it is only semi-light when the alarm goes off at five, even when I get up twenty minutes Later.

Although the short summer nights and long days seem to go on forever, nights are getting longer, a little more each day the year ages. The never ending Scandic summer holiday continues, with my boss starting his three weeks off. He thinks it odd I'm not taking any time off. It's what comes with not having kids.

Jools is up and about by the time I came down to find a coffee waiting.

Nice.

She leaves for work, and I log onto to work. I get as far as powering on the laptop. I get to the desktop. And then enter my password.

Enters password.

Enter password again.

I get an error message.

I try the password to both systems, neither is accepted.

I can't get into Outlook or Teams, which would mean work options would be limited. There is the web option, I open Office online and on Tems there is a message from IT, they have reset my password as I have a new laptop coming, floow this link to reset it to something else.

Bingo.

I click on the link, and my new password is accepted first time. Cooking on gas.

I reboot the laptop, just to make sure.

I get as far as trying to open Outlook. I am prompted to enter a password. I enter the new one, and that isn't accepted.

I try over and over again, reboot the computer a few times, just to be sure.

Using the online Office, I have to enter my new password, and that is accepted. I guess it means that the credentials on my old company laptop is no longer acccepted, so I have little choice but to use the web solution until the new laptop arrives. Which means no mail, as there is no mail tab. But there is Team. So, just the one meeting.

Two and a half hours have passed.

Sigh.

I have breakfast and stare at the leptop. Its going to get no better.

I have a meeting with a colleague about training requirements for the job I do. I am told there is a process for audits and a template. There is no actual process to follow, they kind of made it up and the template. And now want me to follow this process, in my audit the next day.

Not going to happen.

Sigh.

One day, I swear, this will get better.

I suggest, with great respect that training is given to us all from the old company so we can be in complaince. I use the word "shambles" again.

If I could have had a whisky, I would have, even before eleven. Its whisky time, somewhere in the world.

Sigh.

I have lunch, bagels with cream cheese, making pretend I'm in New England at Dunkin Donuts. On holiday. Even if their coffee is too sweet and is served in bucket-sized cups.

I try to work, I really do, but it seems so pointless with so little actually working. I make it to half two, then give up.

I have to conswerve my strength as I have eight days of auditing to do on Tuesday.

I audit therefore I am.

I scarify the garden.

I rake it first, then scarify each section, gathering the dried and dead thatch into piles, and thenput it by hand, shaking any seeds out, into a bag. Repeat until the whole of the lawnmeadow was done.

Two hundred and seven When the sun was behind the clouds it was chilly, when the sun come out it was too hot. A typical summer, then.

I am all done by half four, so slice and egg and breadcrumb two small aubergines, ready to cook for when Jools came home. Cats meow, so I feed them.

A typical day.

I am finishing the cooking when Jools comes back, we exchange news as we eat.

Not much changes, really.

It is evening. There is no football. No cycling. Just music, coffee and chocolate.

No comments: