Wednesday 21 July 2021

Tuesday 20th July 2021

Tuesday: Market day in Kings Lynn.

That takes place on the Tuesday Market Place.

Pronounced Tooooosdee.

But that's not where the Saturday market takes place.

Oh no, that's at the Saturday Market Place.

Just sos you know.

We wake up at five. It is cool. Or cooler than it was when we went to bed. Outside the soon to be rising sun had caused mist to rise from the Dip. It looked like mist, but was thin enough to allow the light from the sun when it did rise to shine through and burn it off.

Two hundred and one I take a picture so you can see.

Jools makes coffee, and takes her tme to get ready for work, taking time to water the garden so that our tomatoes and small flowers live to see another day. She left for work after seven, and here I am, on my own.

I make a second coffee, then make breakfast of more fruit and yogurt, fruit being our own raspberries.

Yummy.

And to work. It is July the world over, and in Denmark most people go on holiday, and this means the volume of mails and calls is much lower meaning there are less meetings too and so possible to get stuff done. But my mind find procrastination more attractive, so I put on an old podcast and stare into the middle distance.

Cleo comes in and sits on the stairs and stares until I do something she wants.

I try food.

I try cuddles. She runs away.

She wants kiddy kibbles.

I can pick her up and cddle her then, and then let her go to finish the treats.

A walk in the sun With IT issues dogging work, I went out for a half hour's walk hoping that they would have either contacted me or fixed the issue. But no.

But a walk is never wasted, and during high summer after all the rain we had, I have rarely seen the countryside so green and still full of growth, certainly in the 3rd week of July.

A walk in the sun The usual high summer flowers seen; field scabious, various vetches, teasels, oxtongues and sowthistles, knapweeds and the hedgerows full of blossom promising a bumper harvest of blackberries in a few weeks time.

A walk in the sun Half an hour was just about the right amount of time to be out, as very hot once I returned home.

I have a long cool drink and get back to work.

IT not fixed.

(a day later and its still not fixed)

I have ham and coleslaw rolls for lunch, another cool drink and knuckle down to work.

A walk in the sun Once three came along, I go into the garden to rake the grass into piles and to dry, thus allowing seeds to fall to the ground. This is the first part of preparing for next year's meadow. Get it right now and next year will be even better.

Painted Lady Vanessa cardui Dinner was caprese, but with over-ripe tomoatoes and some leaves of the new basil plant, and the flavours were amazing, I mean we both noticed and our tastebuds tingled. And I made another sourdough loaf (mith a mix) but still wonderful when fresh.

Dipsacus fullonum I watch another band of thunderstorms inch their way across Kent, and somehow miss us in St Maggies, Maidstone got it bad; train tracks flooded, though not as bad as in Germany and Belgium last week.

None here by nine, so we go to bed.

No comments: