Saturday 22 June 2024

Friday 21st June 2024

The longest day.

So, we made it to Friday.

Well done, one and all.

Jools was off to yoga as I got up, so made coffee then put the bins out, filled the feeders before sitting down and checking on the world.

One hundred and seventy three Work was mostly IT failures and more meetings about the changes.

Did we have any questions?

Well, as the details are yet to be hammered out, I don't really know, but hoping those in power know what they're doing.

Anacamptis pyramidalis I know I am writing in vague terms, but it is needed to protect the guilty. But one day it'll all come out.

The morning flashed by, ended with a 1:1 meeting with my manager, which really I would rather be anywhere else.

The (ox-eye) daisy age But when that ended, I just had half an hour before I could wrap up for the weekend.

Jen is off to Bury on Saturday to stay with Sylv, so this was our chance to say goodbye. As there was the Holland v France game in the evening, we went over to Whitfield at two, but as John was watching the 20/20 cricket world cup, he didn't come over.

Aftermath So it was just the three of us.

Two hands of Meld, me winning the first one, and Jen the second, then she cooked home made pizza using up the last of her fresh food for early supper.

Looking up We toasted each other and tucked in.

And that was it.

Back home for quarter to six, for the quiz, now I had just about most things working now with passwords and the like. I had to make an early guess, but got it wrong. But good to be back with friends again.

In the end, the big game was a bit of a let down, a 0-0 draw with two good teams, but neither wanting to lose, so neither did. Nor did either win,

No comments: