Friday 14 June 2024

Thursday 13th June 2024

The first of our three Pyramidal Orchids is now flowering in the lawnmeadow.

Thursday, and the wind is still set in the north, and so bloody cold.

Or what counts as cold in "flaming June".

It was to get out later, which it did, meaning I could snap some summer colour for hear and the blog.

One hundred and sixty five But that was it.

There was work, and there was the fact this was my Friday, as I had Friday off, and so a three day weekend.

The meadow is at its summers best, the ox-eye daisies sway in the breeze and in the beds flower bloom as insects bustle about.

Cats sleep the day through, except when they wake up and complain about their bowls being empty, or the bit they're looking at is empty.

Calendula officinalis Jools was doing aquacise in the evening, so I had a decent lunch: crispbakes and Boston Beans, which was all very nice indeed.

Any hopes of an early stack were dashed when my manager called wanting to review a document I had prepared and talk about other stuff.

Twenty to five she rang off. She might like working 12 hours plus a day, I don't. And won't. Not until they pay me more, anyway.

Agrostemma githago So, I feed the cats. Again. Pack the office away and ponder putting the heating on, but decide against it.

I have a brew with Jools when she comes home, and then she is gone to the pool for some splashing. I have a shower and some toast, then settle down for some more Scottish travelogues, all gentle stuff, and eye candy.

No comments: